8 Nov 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 Part 1

This week has been nuts. 

I haven't written a blog yet for NaNo because this week has been a bit all over the place. Midnight last night marked the end of the first week and it's been a real mixed bag. I had said, very loudly that I wanted to have a 15k day this year, because I can bash out 10k like with very little problem, but pushing that a bit further has always been too much. I nearly made it two years ago and was a couple of hundred words shy, and nobody has the ability to kick my arse about it harder than I do. 

Problem is that a day like that deserves preparation, and I didn't do any. NaNo2015 started with me running around like a lunatic because I wasn't ready. I had done some planning, I had a story line in my head, I even had over a thousand words down - I repeat, in a separate file and being kept completely out of my word count - somehow it felt like it was going to be impossible. 

By some miracle, I did it, but I was absolutely wiped out for the next few days and a couple of days later I was having an interview so after what was a really promising start, I haven't even got to 25k and I'm disappointed. 

I don't know. I'm starting to realise how much harder this is now I'm working full time, live on my own and have other things to do. It's a bit of a nightmare. 

Anyway, guess it's just a case of keeping going, and seeing how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment