7 Jan 2017

Don't You Know, I'm...,

I started off Veganuary thinking that whilst this was not going to be easy, it wouldn't make me feel like a fish out of water, so to speak, but then it happened. 

Suddenly everything that I enjoyed eating was off the menu and it was like going through the same process that I did ten years ago only more difficult, because this time, I'm the one doing the cooking and not my mother. Adding to that that I didn't run out of everything non-vegan before January started so it is now sitting in my cupboard and staring at me every time I open the door. 

That being said, in some ways it is still easier than I originally thought it might be at my weaker moments, and I'm getting better at spotting what is and what is not on my allowed list, even if I have had one slip up.

To try and make my life a little bit easier, I decided to head up to Alexandra Palace for the Vegan Life Live event. The problem was that technical issues meant that I didn't get there until late, so the whole place was packed and I kept bumping into the same bloody woman and her gaggle of idiotic children. To hear her speak you would have thought that she was the world's first vegan and her little "cherubs" were the first things under 18 to be raised on a vegan diet. 

Overall though, it was a fun event and a nice little way to get out of the house for the day, although getting the tickets for free is no good when they're offering enough deals that it is necessary to buy certain things rather than have to order them on the internet later. 

All in all though, I have realised that, despite the fact that in February I am going to have to go back to eating cheese and such, even if it is only to get rid of all of the things I still have in the cupboard, but it's not that hard or that expensive, so I will be making a conscious effort to reduce the amount of milk and egg products I am consuming and go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment