9 Jul 2017

Insomnia,

Insomnia is one of those annoying things that happen, and start impacting every part of your life.

One of the big reasons I want to have a flat to myself is that when the insomnia bug bites, it would be nice for me to be able to do something productive, like bake a cake or sit with my typewriter and do some writing, or even, if I lived somewhere better than where I do now (unlikely if I'm renting by myself but humor me) I could go out for a walk or a run after dark. I used to do it a lot when I lived in Kensington.

I used to love walking through Chelsea or Westminster at two or three o'clock in the morning, and just enjoying the quiet and the space and the freedom. By the time I got back to halls, I would either have to get ready for a lecture or be ready to sleep. Granted, sleeping by that time was probably a bad idea as it would mean the next night would be the same problem.

As it is, I feel as though there is nothing I can do aside from stare at my ceiling or have a moan - you can see which one of those two things won.

I'm not really sure where this latest bout of insomnia materialised from however I wish it would disappear back to from whence it came. I miss sleep.

Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment