13 Oct 2018

A Girl's Gotta Do,

Sometimes in life there are things that you have to let go of, dreams that have to float away, and then sometimes there are things that you just have to do. 

Nine years ago I started "competing" in NaNoWriMo and a couple of years later heard about the wonders of The Night of Writing Dangerously. It's a fundraising event, but also a ridiculous amount of fun for all involved, but it's in San Francisco and there were always other things which seemed to take priority. Unfortunately this year will now be the last Night of Writing Dangerously, and I half convinced myself I could let it go. 

The problem was, I just couldn't. I'm really glad that I had the option to not give up on it, but it is also completely crazy to think that in less than five weeks time, I'm going to be flying to San Francisco.

I've got a plan for what I'll be doing for the week that I'm there (not in ridiculous amounts of detail, but enough to know what I'm doing) and it's kind of incredible. I'm going to be able to go to several NaNo events and have some time to explore a city that I've always had a bit of a romantic fascination with. 

I might not end up writing very much in terms of blogs when I'm over there, but I'm hoping to get a lot of writing done! Anyway, more on this later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment