12 Mar 2023

We're Back Online,

 Yesterday was the start of something that felt good for the first time in a while and that was sitting somewhere - although I was sitting in my bed and that's not the best thing, from experience - and writing something, even if it wasn't working on the novels that I want to write, and will hopefully one day finish. 

I wish that I could say that it was as simple as now the laptop has arrived I have sat all day and powered through a few thousand words to battle the monster of 4TheWords and have been able to write something more of one of the things which has been buzzing around my head, but alas, my birthday and Mothering Sunday appear to have coincided this year, so I felt the need to see my mother and my dad's mother, since next weekend I will be away from home and occupied. I wish I was doing something like I did for my twenty first birthday - flying away to Budapest for a city break - or my twenty fifth birthday - getting the train to Paris and having my first birthday ever in the snow, spending a rainy day eating madeleines, drinking fresh orange juice and reading the rest of Ready Player One - but this one is going to be a little different, partly because I will still be in the UK, but for other reasons as well. 

What has happened is I have found the excitement to come home and write again, and the ability to just open the laptop and get straight on with it is something which really helps with that. I'm able to just get straight on with whatever, and even though that does help me to get distracted, too - research, who is that person I'm thinking of, what am I naming this character, no I don't like that, why is my brain so itchy right now - it helps me spend my limited ability to focus on the right things, like writing this blog and getting back onto 4TheWords to write something, anything and just about everything. Somehow it seems to have helped my brain feel a little bit less loud and that will always be welcome. 

Anyway, I'm going to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment