Before I start this properly, I'm going to admit to something and that's the fact I've always called it Nuby like Nub-ee, but I say a video by an influencer or content creator or whatever they term themselves who called it Nuby like New-Bee, and I would presume that they have been informed by the brand how to pronounce the brand name or something, so there goes me making a tit out of myself as per usual.
That's not why I'm breaking up with my Rapid Cool though!
I will say this: I love the Rapid Cool. It's not just because it's easier when traveling out of the house, but also because it takes the guess work out of bottle making, and makes the whole process faster for us. I'm not a big fan of the formula makers because I've read too many things about the hot shot method not being great, or they don't get hot enough or all of these other sorts of things. Plus, they're a whole extra appliance you need to find a home for, they're only useful at home, you have to keep buying them new filters and all that sort of thing, so there is a lot I don't love about them, but the Rapid Cool is pretty good, and even when the battery goes in the lid (which takes a while anyway) the cooling part still works and that is the main bit.
BUT they only go up to 8oz of milk, and when you get to 8oz bottles, like we're on with allergy milk, you can't actually fit 8oz of water in the bottle AND 8 scoops of formula, so I find myself putting 6oz of water into it with the 8 scoops and then adding in 2oz of bottled water into the baby bottle, which then obviously drop the temperature as well, but also just makes the whole thing more of a faff. Now, I could just make 4 or 5 oz and then mix up the rest, but again, faff. Rapid Cools are great that I can just go and make a fresh bottle up when I'm bug eyed and wishing my day wasn't starting yet, give bubs the bottle without worrying that I forgot to check the temperature and then I can get back to sleep whilst he has a nap. It doesn't always work out that way, but it's great when it does. If I have to start focusing more to make two bottles worth up, or add this bit, add that bit etc then it all goes to pieces and I'm too awake to go back to sleep by the time he's finished the bottle.
Now, I'm not saying there are other options, because to my knowledge the only cooling flasks of their type are the Nuby and Tommee Tippee branded ones and they both have the exact same capacity, but it is still a frustration and honestly, if they made an XL version, I would buy it and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one, because I don't know how twin mums (or dads or parents or other care givers) manage, or parents with babies who are close in age, because it surely makes sense when you're making a bottle to make enough for all babies on the same formula and then split it into feeding bottles, but you can't do that for anything over 7oz because there simply isn't enough space in there. In theory, little man's current 8oz feeds should be the largest ones we are doing, but I'm also conscious that he has good days and bad days with food, so there are days or sometimes just certain feeds in a day when he finishes his 8oz and is looking around for more, and I would love to be able to just realise what the pattern of that is and make him the extra for those times, but again, it's a faff so making two bottles is sometimes the less faffy of the two options.
No comments:
Post a Comment