30 Jan 2013

Emails

I was going to start this off by saying 'Virtually everything these days involves,' but that just made me laugh too much, so instead, I'm going to say this:

I SPEND MY FOREVER WRITING EMAILS!!

And why is it that we understand now that that is shouting?

I keep in touch with a lot of friends via either Facebook or email, but it's not that which makes me slightly like Blahhhh, why are emails controlling my life?!??!?!?!  It's more that my email account - the main one - is attached to my iPad, my phone and is pretty much always open on my computer. Most people, or rather my mother, would probably see that as a little excessive, but actually, I get emails from the company which I used to self-publish, I get emails from people regarding editing things, I get emails from company mailing lists, telling me when things I want are cheap (so I can actually afford them) and I get the general spam. And that's just ONE of a few inboxes which I have, although the only one with real deviation is my university one, because that is just stuff from tutors and TFL warning me when there are tube closures which are completely irrelevant to me.

I do also kind of have an official CharliesWrite email address (charlieswrite@hotmail.co.uk) but the amount of people who actually use it at the moment mean that I only check it about once a week, so it's not as bad as the others.


My issue with the thing is that I seem to spend more time writing emails to people than I do actually writing anything else. Between essays and lectures and emailing the world and his wife, I wonder how on Earth I still have time to be obsessively reading John Green/Nicholas Sparks novels, let alone be writing some of my own!! But write I do. In theory, the first edit of Yours, would have been finished by now. The reason it isn't, is because my laptop is both a slow little Craptop and also an exciting treasure trove of pictures and music and GENERAL DISTRACTIONS TECHNIQUES, which mean that I waste hours watching things like...Ed Sheeran interviews... Oh shush, I like his voice...and his hair...

Anyway, going to cook myself some lovely dinner and then maybe get back to trying to get this novel reading to come to life on the Kindle. I already have a release date in mind, but I'm just going to have to see how it goes to be honest!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment