30 Aug 2014

End of A New Era,

I mnt to post this a few days ago, but with my computer deconstructed and in my living room and now the internet being off, I've kind of struggled with actually getting  online and doing it, but here goes...

I'm quite an anxious person, so changing anything in my life feels like a major trauma, especially when it's something that has become a part of me in quite a large way. When I was eighteen I got my first 'proper' job working at a shoe shop in the Trafford Centre. That was three and a half years ago, and I find it hard to believe. Wednesday of this week, I worked my last shift in my home branch here in London, and I wasn't really sure how to feel. 

As I've been mentioning, I have a new job, so it's not like I was leaving the job into some sort of unemployed abyss where I wasn't sure what I was going to do, neither was I jumping into a whole new job that I hadn't tentatively dipped my feet into, but for the last three and a half years, This shop has been a consistent thing in my life. It's been a really mixed bag, with amazing customers, lovely customers, darn right hilariously weird customers and other members of staff, but there were pretty big lows sometimes, too. Ones of my pet hates is rudeness, and I got a hell of a lot of that thrown in my direction from a multitude of people, but that has helped me to deal with people, at least on the outside, a little bit better.

The great thing about leaving is that I have my Wednesday evenings back - any time I can claw away from work or sleeping can only be a good thing, if only I could learn to stop myself procrastinating, but the sad part is all the amazing people I can no longer work with. I've met some amazing people over the last few years, and there are en I few that I plan to stay in touch with. 


As for this weekend, I have the fun of welcoming three new housemates to my lovely house and also a slightly early celebration of being in a relationship with the most boyfriend for a year, though I must admit, even after this amount of time together, it still makes me giggle like a child when I call him my partner, but in a massive way, he really is. Even when I turn into a bit of a snotty little mess, he's there to support me, and all my stupid whims and ideas. He also makes a damn good cup of tea, so what more could I want in a man? 

Anyway, onwards into a new era...

No comments:

Post a Comment