12 Jan 2015

Wonderfully Inconvenient Sleeping Issues,

So, maybe it's connected to the same thing as my brain earthquakes (otherwise known as headaches and migraines, but I've always enjoyed a slight flare of the dramatic) and too much time exposed to computers, tablets, iPhones etc is causing my sleeping pattern to be really out of whack with my life, or maybe it really was the perfect life that summer I spent sleeping from 2am to 10am then being briskly effective for most of the day, but something is causing my body clock to be on a different time zone to my lifestyle. Tomorrow morning, well, this morning I guess, I have to be up at 7 and then play a game of hunt down the office, since I don't know whether we have successfully moved building or not over the weekend, and yet it's five past midnight and I'm waiting for the tiredness to kick in.

It's not even like I haven't had a busy day, I've been working on my dissertation and that's quite the brain ache. I've even been outside and had a brisk walk in the fresh air, which was absolutely marvellous, but still, not tired. Okay, getting a little bit tired now, but only just....

Anyway, back to the ranting and raving (and not about Papa Johns) - I feel really restricted at the moment with what I can actually do with my time and it's rather frustrating, because it's not like there isn't a million and one things I would actually like to be able to do! 

For example, I really wish that my GoodReads 2015 Book Challenge goal was something more than 10 books for this year, but I'm trying to be realistic. The likelyhood of my actually getting through 10 books that aren't philosophy and ethics related is propably also quite low, but if you don't aim, you shoot your own toes off and that is never going to end too well. I also would love to partcipate in the fantastic nerd along knitting that's been running for the past two years, in amongst all the finish writing x,y and z novels and edit a whole bunch of stuff, too, but alas, the dissertation and third year essays must come first, so that I can walk out of university in May and draw a massive, thick, Sharpie black ruler straight line under the whole thing, and find a new direction to head in that doesn't bore me to the point that I REALLY wish I could sleep because I've had four Goddam years of this now!!!! But annnnnnyyyway Yeah, basically, there are plenty of other things I want to be able to do, but until the end of May, I can kiss goodbye to any hope of actually having the time to commit to any of it.

More than anything, it's frustrating, and frustration is not a fun or easy emotion to deal with, especially when I really can't be bothered to go to the gym because I'm just being so lazy. I keep reading signs that say new year, new you and I just have a good little inward chuckle because I know that the rehanging of a new calendar with slightly different numbers makes absolutely no odds to me really, so as much as there were some pretty fireworks and a day off to avoid the majority of the country going into work with a raging hang over, nothing really changed and I don't really give a toss. Anyway, baring in mind that I need to be in work, and preferably functional, in less than 9 hours, I bid you goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment