15 May 2016

Stability,

There is almost nothing I value more than stability in my life. Almost. Saying that, I haven't had much of it lately, and that's about to get even more intense. 

Not only am I now trying to find something new to be doing on my Monday to Fridays, I'm also looking for somewhere new to be doing it from. It's true that I would have been, potentially, leaving my flat within the next few months, however that seems to be being moved up. The things I have to consider about where I want to live have changed since my last move, and that means I can pretty much throw a dart at a map of London, and then find a place there. 

Befoore that happens I have a few big decisions to make. 

This flat has been the first place where I truly lived alone, and was able to be completely indepedent. I have loved living here, even when there have been difficulties. I even like the area, and there have been places that I have lived where that hasn't been the case. (I did a six month stint in Elephant and Castle that wasn't so great). The thing is, that means I have become quite emotionally atttached to it, so the idea of leaving is hard. It's not even the place in London that I have lived the longest - I was in roehampton for about 2 years, and Kensington for 9 months - I'm almost excited to see where is next, and what is next.

As much as I love this studio, even I have to admit it is expensive. Independence is definitely a luxury. I need to make a decision as to whether or not I want to go for the same thing, or if I want to move back into a house share and save money towards whatever. 

I have a bad habit of saying I dunno a lot, and I'm saying it a hell of a lot at the moment, and it's very bad at the moment because I don't have a whole lot of answers, and a whole lot of questions, but the very good thing that I do have at the moment is that it all feeds into my experience of life. Experience of life can only be good for my novels, surely? It is meaning that there are a few issues with some writing plans I was making, but I'm used to life causing delays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment