4 Dec 2016

It's Been Six Weeks,

It has  been six weeks since I actually wrote here, because I have felt as though the last few weeks have been crazy. 

At the very end of October I started a brand new job and on midnight of the first day, NaNoWriMo started. 

I had training in the day, write-ins in the evening and then getting the main bulk of my word count done at night. It's tough, especially when you are also trying not to eat every level of junk food and take aways that are presented to you, and the truth is that I was pretty certain I was going to fail at several points. I didn't. 

This has genuinely been the most rewarding NaNo I have been a part of. It was the seventh attempt that I made and sixth win, which is special in itself. I am very proud of the peice of work that came out of it, and that's pretty rare, because NaNo is a high pressure environment and it does mean that it can be done in a rush. Yeah, I rushed.

I have this stupid habit of committing myself to editing deadlines and when I break them, I then start feeling crappy and feeling crappy is not productive. I've had the great thing in the last few months that I've managed to stay on the good side of my moods and be productive. I've managed to write things I am happy with and as much as it has not been easy, I am doing better now than I was six months ago and a year ago and that is something for which I am supremely glad. 

I'm going to try to get back into writing blogs regularly. I'm  trying to be more healthy in general. I'm trying to be more productive in my writing and I'm trying to stay on top of the problems I know I have so I can do all of those things. Oh, and I'm going to attempt vegan January as well, which is terrifying, but it's good. 

Anyway, I'll catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment