15 Sept 2017

My Little Flour,

Whilst being at my parent's house, I have been watching old episodes of The Great British Bake Off and thinking about things that I would like to try out baking and it has made me think again about how people prioritise different things when they are baking. 

Bake Off does seem to want all of these wonderful and gorgeous bakes, and a lot of variety. 

I for one have absolutely never made any kind of bread - unless calzone pizza dough counts and even that went badly. I'm much more of a sweet tooth baker, but for the most part that is just alcoholic loaf cakes or rather simple flavoured cakes that I refuse to ice in anything other than butter cream because I cannot pipe icing for toffee, and I hate royal icing. If I'm baking it, I'm going to be eating some of it, so why would I dress it up in something that tastes that revolting? Don't get me started on marzipan either - that stuff is the work of the devil. 

Truth be told though, I would really like to spend more time in my kitchen, arguing with recipes and making more cake and other things. I feel like I would really enjoy (or be really stressed by) baking a Charlotte Royale, however it is something I will have to do at some point. I'm really quite excited about it, which is bad because it won't be any time soon. 

I think that the next thing which I will really enjoy is I'm going to pull out the book cake tin and rustle something up for the beginning of NaNo. I can't promise that there will be many book cakes, but there should be a couple. And knowing me they will be fantastically over the top. 

Catch you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment