23 Nov 2022

Fictionally Stunted,

 Okay, so it's true to say that my head is not in the fiction right now because there are two things coming up which are stealing my attention. 

This weekend is the first All Night Lock In in person even since 2019 and it's a lot to organise and a lot to do. The following weekend I have the last camp of the year with my Explorer Scouts (teenagers) and I want to make sure it's really special, because whilst we have done a lot this year, or even in the last six months, I love the idea of making this one special. I know it's going to be a tough one, because any cold camp is tough, but they are also amazing. It has happened before that it has snowed when the winter camp has been on at the site we are going to, so I'm kind of hoping that happens. It would be cool to be able to have a snowball fight... 

I wonder though if it is partly because I started this month trying to replace a novel that my laptop ate that I had loved and unfortunately, it was just another failed attempt to revive it. It wasn't going well, partly because I couldn't remember how one of the characters gets from where she is to somewhere else where she meets one of the other characters. Honestly, it went straight out of my head. Actually, that makes it sound like I've known recently, but I lost that novel about five years ago I think, and even when it first happened I couldn't remember that particular bit of the story - maybe that's because it sucked - so it's been gone for a while. 

I have a lot of other ideas of things I would like to write or things I need to re-write because I abandoned them in a huff, but trying to get myself to sit down and focus on one has been testing and I don't know whether the best thing would be to figure out which one is annoying me the most and work on that one. 

Anyway, if nothing else, I decided on a new phrase for writer's block and that is Fictionally Stunted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment