9 Oct 2012

Changing or Discovering

I'm not going to get bogged down in the detail of whether or not we actually change as we grow, or if we just discover things about ourselves we didn't know, because I could probably write an essays worth on it and I really don't think I care enough about the difference to go doing something like that. What I want to talk about is the last few weeks and the things I've discovered/changed.

John Green
became one of my favourite authors recently. I don't think he's overtaken Sophie Kinsella, let alone Danny Leigh, but he is Epic. I've read paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines and I loved them both, although Katherines was most definitely my favourite. I had sort of expected to have been reading more Tony Parsons over the summer, but Green's books actually differ in the storyline, so it keeps things interesting.

Celery 
is actually nice; raw or cooked, it's beautiful. Who fluffing knew, because I certainly didn't. I've also been eating peppers and onions, and I tried olive paté. Not really my thing, but I tried it. I'm getting all food-y; this is weird. 

Hermes
is making a comeback ladies and gentlemen. Hermes is my typewriter. After someone tried to stupidly call him Clicky I had to come up with a pretty awesome name for him, and since he's an Olympic typewriter, it made sense for him to be named after an Olympian deity. 

Tea
is an indisputable argument for the existence of a benevolent god. Sorry, but I'm being ridiculously serious. I have about six kinds of tea in my kitchen cupboard and even that's not enough!! (Yorkshire tea, Tetley, Afternoon Tea, Assam, Earl Grey, two kinds of fruit tea and a couple of camomiles, plus all my coffee.) I have become more obsessed. 

Doc Martens 
and they're yellow. They're beautiful. I love them. If you're one of those people who refers to them as Doctor Martens, then I want you to be stabbed in the eye with a pencil. There is no requirement for that. They exist most beautifully as DOC Martens. [/rant over]

Make-Up
is not something I have ever really bothered with so much, but I have been making more of an effort recently, since all I need to do to make my eyes stand out is put a little eyeliner on. It's actually worth it as well, except for all of the pervy men thinking that gives them a right to wolf whistle in the street. They're old enough to be my dad, it's gross.

Social life 
I'm actually seeming to have one, which is something new considering I have been in relative solitude the last few months. It's pretty nice to be able to go out and let my hair down a little. I'm actually starting to really love London in a way I wasn't sure that I would. 

Enough about me ~ feel free to tell me something you've changed or discovered recently. 

Charlie x 

:D   

No comments:

Post a Comment