10 Oct 2012

Changing Part 2

The last time I had someone important stay at my place (if people are stuck, I let them crash with me, but obviously there is a difference between them and my significant people) we were both going through our old Facebook profile photos, and it struck me how much, even though I have definitely changed from the sixteen year old on a cruise that I was in that first display photo, I still look pretty similar.

I mean, that photo was taken following the first major haircut I ever had - as in, all of a sudden I had a side fringe, layers and a hell of a lot less hair. Except the prom cut of 2011, nothing has ever been so drastic ever since. 

Okay, so these days my hair is more red or ginger than light brown, I don't still own the t-shirt that I was wearing (although, I did only just throw it away, which is somewhat embarrassing) and these days I own a much better camera compared to that old piece of crud, but between all of them - there have been 47 which are actually photographs of me - I see very little difference, other than a change of hair colour and brief flirtations with looks of happiness, excitement and nonchalance. 

My music is something else which has never changed, too. It's true that now I have so much more to listen to, but I would say that it has developed more than changed on account of the fact that I still love to listen to all of the things I listened to back in those days. 

It's strange. Sometimes we seem to change so little, but then there is so much that's different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment