1 Dec 2013

I Want to Go Back to Sleep,

Before I came to university, I was ridiculously excited and I felt like I'd be interested in everything. I realise now that it's only true up until a point, and that's the point when you start having to do essays on it.

I'm currently studying Political Philosophy, and don't get me wrong, it's amazing, because to see the theoretical foundations which politics was built on amazes me, and it really makes you see that we've diluted the ideas in order to make a practical system, but here's the annoying thing. 

With it being a term essay, there are three set questions and that's your lot. I'm reading - and occasionally writing - about Rousseau's ideas of freedom and forcing people to be free, but whilst I'm reading that, I'm having to filter out his ideas and views on democracy - there wasn't a question on that - and while I know I can read it and hope there is a place on the exam I can write about it, I find it really difficult to skip over that part, which I find particularly enthralling, to sections about the conflicting arguments on liberty within the Social Contract. 

Such is life though, I guess. 

And yes, I am a bit of a nerd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment