6 Mar 2014

After The Party,

or rather the realisation. 

So, it happens quite a lot that I have these big realisations about novels or characters and I tend to get really excited about them and have all this energy - it's like I'm running around going YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
at the top of my lungs for a day, but then the next day starts and it seems I have been drained of all enthusiasm and motivation. It's king of tough to think about having another uphill slog after you thought that you were done with the uphill slog of one novel, and that is how it can feel sometimes. 

Whilst I am happy to be able to get back to writing about two of my favourite characters, there is more to it than just that, isn't there? And I'm good at anticipating all the rubbish that comes after. 

Let's face it - if I write a new piece to the novel, I have to find a place to put it. I then need to give it a full read through in order to make sure it makes sense, I then have to edit it and format it -- Then and only then will it actually be finished. -.-

I'm beginning to wonder myself if that will ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment