5 Mar 2014

I'm Not Done,

For roughly the last year, I've been saying, to everyone else as well as myself, that all the needs doing to Yours, is a little bit of editing, some formatting and then it's done, but when it comes down to it, I've done two edits already and am stalled half way through a third, and there has to be a reason for that, right? 

Last night, I sat in my bed and rather than wonder about the reason for it, I started writing about it, and writing about it turned out to be another piece of that whole puzzle. I've ended up starting a new section of the novel which hasn't really changed much over the last year and a half. Why? Because it really wasn't done. 

In a way, the story wasn't over, because there was an important part in the middle which wasn't written - part of it had been because of a bit of a plot hole which was pointed out when a friend proof read for me, but describing the - we'll call it logistics - of something isn't always enough, and now I realise that here, it really wasn't. There is more to be said about it, there is more work to be done. Granted I have no idea when this will be done, but it feels good to know that I wasn't just stalling because of one of those fears to do with self-publishing.

It was the write thing to do not to go straight at this and throw it on the internet before it was ready. It was a good thing. 

So, now I'm on some new medication which pretty literally requires me to drink copious amounts of tea and makes typing difficult, this is going to have to be even more of a labour of love than it ever was. I guess that I just have to have faith it will get there. 

After exams are over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment