2 Nov 2020

Day 2

 Why do I never learn my lesson? 

Every single year, I lose words. It's inevitable really, except that it's not. When you're on edge and you are trying to write as much as you can in just a month, I swear that it is so possible and so probable to do something either just a little bit silly or fully stupid. 

A few years ago I was completely devastated when the ridiculous mistake that I made meant that I lost a full novel's worth of writing and it took me a long while to recover from that, but this year, all I did was press enter on a website, thinking that I was actually clicking it on the address in order to refresh the page, instead saving over the last few thousand words I have spent the last few hours working on. It's not like it was the greatest writing I've ever done, or anything that was worth sending to an editor or anything, but it was something I was pretty happy with as a first draft and some of it was making me cry, because I like the characters. So yeah, I'm in a bad mood now. This is why I like hand writing, even when it makes my hands cramp. 

I guess it will teach me to be more flipping careful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment