10 Feb 2014

I Can't Even Believe That I Said That,

Have you ever stopped in the middle of a conversation and been like, oh my gerkins, did that sentence really just come out of my mouth?

There are so many things that are okay, until you say them, and something about saying them, and the possibility of them being overheard withotu the context that makes them completely innocent and suddenly, whilst being so funny that you need to change your panties, they're also the kind of embarrassing that means you won't need to wear blusher for a month because your cheeks are so red.

I had a conversation like this in the library early, and I was nearly dying with laughter. There are a lot of things which I find funny about books about sex - not Fifty Shades of Grey kind, the academic kind where you dissect...there is no way to get myself out of this linguistic hole...I'm just obviously not a cunning (STOP!!) - being in the library of a Catholic university, but when it's someone else who's supposed to be doe eyed and innocent who turns around and says 'I can't believe there is a B.J. section,' Oh, I just can't.

The thing is, the way he said it made it still sound innocent, but I have a dirty mind. :) There was too much of a pause between the letters -

Saying that, my favourite one recently was with a lady I share my name with. We were discussing the way to teach students, and she was describing how first year undergrads and MA students, they just need a thing. They have to have a thing, in their hands, or they don't know what to do. When you think about some people's views of university, well, let's just say that sentence becomes much funnier.


I just don't know what it is that means that sometimes, the brain-mouth filter does not engage and either say reword that, or send a big net that looks like it's made of the word NO out to catch somethnig before you say it, and then go pink and stutter how that really wasn't quite what you meant by saying something in quite that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment