3 Feb 2014

Sorry, You Did What?

Currently on a bit of brain break from an essay, and really need to get something out of my system, because it's been making me angry since this morning. 

After saying he would be back on Saturday, the man who came to fix the windows in our house arrived today, which was made inconvenient by three things:

  1. I was the only one in the house,
  2. I have an essay deadline at 11pm tonight, and
  3. Two of the windows he needed to fix are in my room. 
Since it needed doing though, I simply sighed, moved my things and tried to get on with my reading, which proved difficult since the guy wanted to essentially rearrange my room in order to get the job done.

With all of that, I was a little crabby, but the icing on the cake was he kicked, and I mean with force in order to move it, my oldest typewriter. I know he looks heavy, and trust me, he is heavy, but still, this guy seemed to think he had the divine right to KICK my typewriter and this is after he left both of the electric ones upside down and on their keyboards. 

I know that not everyone accepts the value or maybe isn't aware that they might have been expensive for me to buy, they can be expensive to maintain and repair and some of them are actually worth a reasonable amount of money, but still, you don't kick someone's things. You don't decide that you having something out of your way is more important than the physical health of the item. 

To me, they are important, which gives them a value to me. 

Seriously annoyed right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment