25 Mar 2016

I Don't Like Trains,

Okay, that statement is not quite right. I don't mind trains. 

Back when I was in my teens, I was kind of scared of them, but they don't really bother me too much any more, I really prefer them to buses as well, because I get travel sick on buses and not on trains, but I don't like long train journeys. 

My idea of a long train journey is the trip to Manchester - which from my local station to Manchester Piccadilly is about 3 and a bit to 4 hours, because you have to go into London first, then get the tube to North London before you actually start. Bearing this in mind, the fact that I am now "looking forward to" something like 7 hours from my local station to Edinburgh is somewhat beyond a joke. I'm really not happy as well because my tickets to come back don't even have a seat reservation. I even called the train operator to as if it would be possible to make a reservation now because it seemed to be an error, but they're fully booked. Of course, they are fully booked. 

Anyway, with this is mind I've obviously been attempting to prepare myself for this journey and the only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that I'm not ready to go. My weekend bag is open on my bed, but I have literally nothing in it at the moment. I have sweets, biscuits, chocolate, cheese sticks, fruit juice, yoghurt and multitude of other nibbles, but none of that is in a bag to go either. This from the person who is generally packed at least 2-3 days early for any trips. Being ill this week has really thrown me off of my game. 

I'm doing this and so many other things to distract myself from packing because I genuinely hate doing it. This is ridiculous. 

The worst thing is, I have no idea what I'm going to want to wear tomorrow, let alone Sunday or Monday. And it's going to rain. I cannot express my distaste for rain often or strongly enough. 

I swear to God packing only got harder when I discovered make-up, too. As an indecisive person I should never have been allowed to buy more than one colour of eyeliner, but being an adult and also being a bit of a colour nut I have about four liquid ones. I don't know if I'm going to be feeling green or purple or like a flippin' rainbow whilst I'm there. 

I'm finally getting somewhere though, but my jamas are in the dryer, which isn't helping. And if it weren't for the fact that I was just contemplating putting on my heater I would have forgotten all the chargers that I need because gadget battery life sucks. I'm not stressed at all - it's fine! ** For some reason, my brain does not like telling my hands to type the word "not". I keep missing it out of texts and posts and everything. Weird**

Anyway, I think I'm pretty much packed, and I hope I have enough to do between my iPad and my Kindle and one of the novels I'm working on. If not, train window it is. Great. 

Here comes the actual celebration of my 23rd birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment