5 Mar 2016

Oops, I Did a Bad Thing,

If you read any of the blogs I've written since just before the start of Lent you'll be aware it was my intention to "give up my jeans" for Lent, and force myself to wear dresses and skirts, since I own so many, and a few have never actually seen the light of day. I'm never very good at Lent, and this year was no different - I gave up when I had annual leave and a gig to attend. There was no way that I was going to see Theory of a Deadman in a dress or a skirt! Also, my outfits had been getting decidedly wackier because the tops/shirts, etc. I own don't always go with my skirts, and I've had to wear cable knit tights, too so that I don't freeze my behind off!

On the plus side, Theory of a Deadman were amazing and one of their support acts, Royal Republic, were surprisingly good also. (If you want to look them up, their best song is Baby.) I also got to go to the Camden Electric Ballroom for a gig, which is something I have been looking forward to since I moved here from Manchester. It will also be very useful for a book I'm part way through writing!!

Unfortunately, feeling run down and crappy meant that I didn't get the chance to attack any of the editings which I still need to do. It's rather frustrating because I know I only have a limited time left to work with the software I'm using, but I always seem to be lacking in the energy of the motivation to get it done, but that just can't continue! It just needs to be done, because then it can be released and I can stop having to try and explain that yes, it is amazing that I published a novel at 17, and then I have nothing to show for anything I have done since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment