28 Jan 2018

Wonders Will Never Cease,

Today has been pretty extraordinary. Well, yesterday by now. 

Since the tragic loss of the novel, I have been really awful at convincing myself to sit down and write for a decent period of time. I have been terrible at the blogging thing for a while as well so to get a blog (two now) and some novel done within the same day is kind of incredible. I keep drinking gin though and I should really switch to coffee because I am starting to get a headache from being tired. I can also feel my eyelids dropping which is never conducive to getting words on the screen (which I genuinely called hypothetical paper in my head before I could find the word screen).

Part of me knows it's because I love the characters. They're incredible and I love them and they are really easy to write about, but I think it's also because this is the part of the year where I start waking up a bit. Winter is not my time of year. I like snow, I tolerate Christmas, but I was a Spring baby. I can do spring, summer, and autumn but as soon as winter hits I just get cold, grumpy and I feel like the only things in my wardrobe are jet black or navy. 

Anyway, I felt the need to celebrate the achievement. I will now continue to celebrate by rewarding myself with some sleep. 

Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment