28 Feb 2016

Speak Softly,

I'm such a lemon sometimes.

I told myself when I got up this morning that if I didn't write a blog post straight away I would forget, and so I did. Oops.

I'm feeling a little bit fragile at the moment and it's not a great situation for anything. Writing and editing grinds to a halt because, well, I can grind to a halt. It's always been said that I don't do things by halves and this is no exception. When I feel like this, even getting out of bed takes a lot of coaxing and strangely I feel the cold more acutely. I can't say as to why.

Considering the above I did something dangerous today - I went for a hair cut.

Anyone with access to my Facebook page has seen the different things I have inflicted on my hair, from numerous ridiculous and unsuitable colours to a shoulder length monstrosity which just did not work for me at all. The problem is that feeling low makes me a little too adventurous. I am liable to ask for a purple pixie cut and be adamant its what I want even though everyone knows it would not suit me.

So instead we've gone for the cut two inches off, blowdry it into submission and make it look like an accidental ombre.

Now just to wait for the Oscars...

No comments:

Post a Comment