7 Jan 2016

Where Is The Line?,

Sometimes (Yeah, I'm just launching into this like I always do. Hadn't really realised this before writing a post that I'm still deciding whether or not to put up, but yeah, it's a bit peculiar) I wonder where the line is on what to say and what not to say. 

The fact is that everything that goes onto the internet could be everyone, and I know that, but I also know that reading between the lines can get you pretty far, too. 

The fairies novel was influenced by my life, but for the most part, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between fiction and influence unless you know me. The more things I write, or more to the point, publish, the more of myself I expose in my novels. Okay, I'm not going to reveal my deep, dark secrets (if I have them, maybe I don't) but there are a lot of personal things like my political views, my philosophy, my thoughts on a lot of things actually can be made obvious through my novels. So, my question is, with that in mind, how much do I really want to say on here?

There are some times when I just want to pour out a lot all over this thing just to have an outlet. I have fears and anxieties and other assorted issues regarding my writing, and life in general, but does that ruin the magic? 

The fact of the matter is I don't know the answer to the question of how much is enough/too much, but I do write posts sometimes and save them, but not post them because I think that they're crossing that line. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment