14 Apr 2016

Blank Space Part 2,

This is the reason I didn't commit to writing every day. 

The day before yesterday I spent a long while staring at a blank page and wondered what exactly I wanted to say with it. I had a bit of a hard; it was a long day, and I didn't really know what to write. 

Yesterday was different. I had an okay day at work - it wasn't the worst day, but it also wasn't one of the good days where I have belly laughed at daft things the team has said. My calf muscles were hurting and more than anything, I just wanted to tip into bed and do nothing all evening. I was halfway up the first flight of stairs in my building when I realised I hadn't checked the post. When I did, I found some news that has had me running around like a headless chicken. The content of it is pretty irrelevant, but it meant that I had a few things to stress over and to do last night as well as getting ready for what was supposed to be an interview and a fitness test today. 

Due to the calves issue, I cancelled half of my day today, but with everything last night, the blog had to take a backseat. 

I did start this month with the intentions of writing a blog every day, but I could not have seen that coming, and so I'm glad that now I'm not forcing myself into a definition of failure because last night was not a failure. I can be all too guilty of letting things fall in favour of a novel, or a writing project and that is not necessarily a good thing. It isn't failing if you have to come out of the clouds and be an adult for a bit - it's life. 

I have to accept that, as a single person, living on my own, everything that I need to do to sort out myself and my flat, etc. has to be done by me. It's a scary thing, but I'm capable of doing it, and I have been doing it, but you can see just how in the way of writing, etc. it can sometimes get. 

Anyway, back on track now, and I'll catch you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment