6 Apr 2016

50 Shades,

No,  I'm not talking about the novel(s) or the film, and thankfully I'm also not talking about grey (that would make me pretty upset since I'm only 23!). 

I'm talking about my hair. In order to go back to the glorious summer of the ginger ninja, or rather have a repeat of it, I had to strip out Taylor Swift's favourite colour (Red). Under all of that, my hair is quite a few different shades between platinum blonde, dirty blonde and roughly my natural brown. While I know it looks utterly ridiculous, I love it. 

Over the last few years I have done some fantastic things with my hair and it's been pretty fun, but this time the ginger should hopefully be more like one colour and a little more subdued. 

Something that I have realised is that differne hair colours do actually made a difference to your head. I'm not just saying that it makes it a different colour, which naturally it does, but I tend to be a lot more quirky when I'm ginger, fiery when my hair is red and dark when I was daft enough to dye my hair black ...

It makes me more careful when I think about the descriptions I write for my characters and how that matches up with how they behave. I'm not saying all the ditzy people are blonde (or all the blondes are ditzy) or anything like that, but the persona or identity which people display is directly in connection with the way that they think and feel, and if I can't build that into a character then they can't be believable. As much as I write things which might not be believable, fairies don't want to live in everyone's back gardens (and not everyone has a garden) I want the characters, most particularly the human ones, to be believeable and to feel real. 

Anyway, I have some more writing to do. Catch you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment