11 Aug 2012

Music

I hate Times New Roman, and for some reason, it's the default setting on everything... :( 

~ It's really strange how much music is tied into basically all of my memories. Even if there was no music playing at the point of something, the in built iPod in my brain conjures some into my memory. It can make dreaming rather fun though. 

The reason I'm mentioning that is that I am, finally, getting around to watching Red Riding Hood and there is a piece of music in it which I really enjoy. I don't know what it's called, or the artist (I will check when I've written this just to satiate my curiosity) but it's a fantastic piece of cinematic music for tension or drama. I'm not yet sure which effect it's meant to be having in the film, but that's possibly because my mind has veered off onto the topic of Bones.

For any of you who either know me, or have read my other blog, you probably know I love the TV show Bones - although I watch it on the internet on account of not having a TV in London. It's a fantastic show that was based on a series of books by Kathy Reiches. It also has Emily Deschanel and David Borenaz (atrocious spelling!!)) in it - need I say more. *drooling* 

Anyway, there is an episode in which *spoiler alert* Vincent Nigel Murrey is murdered by a serial killer, and this piece of music was played in the build up of tension which precedes his death. I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to hear it and not think of that scene...

The song is "Keep the Streets Empty for Me" by Fever Ray...

Charlie x

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment