22 Aug 2012

This Is Pretty Awesome:

Okay, in truth, there are a couple of things. The first being something which I have been meaning to do for the past couple of years, but I have been far too lazy to do it. Basically, the first novel I ever wrote - Insanity Breaks - and my first NaNoWriMo winning novel - Fairies - are now published on the Kindle. They're both about £1.53 each, but that was the cheapest I could set them to be with the publisher I used, so apologies those on a student budget, but I'm doing my best!! 

Something to note as a consequence is that the print copy of the book has remained unedited, so it doesn't contain the up-to-date version with the vaguely re-written ending etc. What it does have that the Kindle version doesn't, is a few more typos. What I'm trying to say is, my suggestion would be not to buy it. I do intend to pull it and put the new version into print as soon as possible, and also make Insanity Breaks available in print, as I do understand that not everyone owns a Kindle, and some of you do argue that a physical book is better than a Kindle, but I haven't got around to that yet. Sorry. 

While considering that, I would like to point out, on the one hand, I love physical books, and I also love my typewriter. Most people think they are relics and belong in somewhere other than the electronic age, but I saw screw them! - except when I'm going out and it's simply more convenient to write on an over-popular Apple device and read about five books on the Kindle while on holiday...

The other awesome thing is that a large proportion - more than a 1/4 - of the readers of this blog have been from Russia. I find that pretty odd, as I know only one person who is from Russia, but still, I find that pretty amazing, so thank you. 

Sorry for not posting in a while guys. Been busy with work and etcs. 

Talk soon. 


Charlie x

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment