8 Jul 2020

Love The Ones Your With

There's only so much I'm allowed to say about my job on here because I work for a sensitive bit of the Civil Service, but I really wanted to talk about people today and the people in my team made me want to cry this morning. They're awesome and inspirational people and I'm so proud of them it makes me want to burst. We had a lovely call where we talked about how busy we were, but how we were all there to support each other, but also how proud we were of each other and the successes that we have had. 

I have a similar group of people that I'm involved with in the Twitter Sprint Leads. They are amazing people and so committed to helping others to complete their projects and keep going through one of the strangest times we have experienced in our lives. We only communicate by email, but we're all so open and so honest with each other about what's happening in our lives, and they're met with so much support. We try and keep our Twitter page super upbeat and encouraging, so our personal troubles are kept away from that, but between us all, we deal with our personal crap and keep that going as best we can. We try and support our participants as well, whatever they are going through. 

I know, as a woman, it can be easier for me to say I love my team. Sometimes people think it's weird, sometimes it feels weird, and when it's a group of your peers, it can feel weird to say that you are proud of people, but actually, it's nice to have a gush about people every so often. It's nice to say I love the people I work with because they are all kind, inspiring and supportive women who make it easier for me to drag my butt out of bed and be committed to my job. I love what I do, but there would be plenty of occasions where it would get me down if it wasn't for the team I work with. 

If you do nothing more today than tell another person how much you appreciate them, I'd call that a really good day. 

Charlieswrite

No comments:

Post a Comment